Friday, July 3, 2009

Wednesday- June 17, 2009


Well, I finally made it here. I am sitting here in the Hluhluwe Primary School's hostel gearing up for my first night in my new room. It is actually quite nice with a good view and lots of room. We flew out of Charlotte on Saturday, but did not make it to S.A. until Monday. We stayed in Durban Monday night then didn't drive up to Hluhluwe until yesterday evening. We came to the school this morning and I met Jabulani for the first time last night! He is such an energetic, positive, and up lifting person. It is impossible not to wear a constant smile when he is speaking to you. A new house is being built for him and it is big- which he deserves after he gives about 80% of his money away. So, at the school today, I met most of the teachers and principal. It's a little out of my comfort zone right now just because I am not completely oriented yet. I just need to get to tknow everyone a little more. One of the teachers Elaine, invited me to her house after school tomorrow. She apparently has a pet rhino? Ummm, ok! Haha! I can't wait to see that. All the kids are so sweet and have beautiful smiles, just as I knew they would. I met Swazi, Jabulani's daughter. She is so cute! Well, I am sure the days will get far more exciting from here on! Hambe kahle!

No comments:

Post a Comment